This policy and associated guidance are focused on the resumption of Face-to-Face Chapter operations and re-opening of SCORE physical offices using SCORE’s guiding principles.
For SCORE, in order to operate in any official SCORE capacity – mentoring, workshops, or chapter meetings – SCORE volunteers must be ready to follow the CDC’s guidelines for reopening.
In the file, you will find a decision tree to help guide the process as well as templates that can be used for communication should you re-open.
Concerning Vaccination Inquiries
SCORE does not have a blanket policy, however some chapters and districts have worked with SCORE HQ to create a policy that works for what they need locally. We are recommending not to require proof of vacation but rather a self-attestation form that volunteers and clients can sign to attest to the fact that they are vaccinated or not.
One of the recommendations that came up was to use a digital attestation to ensure that we are not increasing the documentation that we have to protect and store. One way to do so is to include the attestation on an event registration form such as “Click here to attest that you have received your vaccination and that you will stay home if you experience symptoms,” etc.
Below is a sample of what another chapter wrote up for their hybrid reopening:
The Seacoast SCORE office at 230 Commerce Way, suite 102, will reopen for select business purposes on Tuesday June 1, 2021. Phase One makes it possible for SCORE volunteers and our administrator Kiska to access the office in person subject to these Covid-19 guidelines. Clients and visitors are not allowed during phase one.
- Entering the office space is entirely optional, 100% voluntary on your part. No volunteer or contractor will be required to work in the office. All Seacoast SCORE activities will continue with remote access (Zoom, phone, computer).
- If you choose to enter the office, you will be required to comply with the building standards, the City of Portsmouth mask ordinance, and any other federal or state regulations in effect now or in the future, as well as CDC guidelines for Covid-19 safety and rules posted in our office.
- You will self-certify on a form that you have been fully vaccinated with the correct dosage of an FDA authorized vaccine, including the required two-week wait time after the final dose. There is a presumption that all who are in the space are fully vaccinated; Seacoast SCORE and your fellow volunteers will rely upon your self-certification.
- All people entering and exiting the office will record their time on-site at the front desk log-in sheet. You will use your keyless access code, which is unique to you.
- Examples of activities we may have in the office during phase one include small meetings, leadership team meetings, hybrid meetings (with others on Zoom) and hybrid workshops (presenter in the training room, SCORE volunteers in the training room but all members of the public on Zoom).
- The City of Portsmouth mask ordinance remains in effect through June 30, 2021. This requires you to use a mask in any indoor or outdoor space if you cannot maintain six feet of social distancing.
- Any volunteer who tests positive for Covid-19 within two weeks of using the office must report that promptly to the Chapter Chair or Chapter Vice-Chair, who will then initiate contact-tracing as appropriate.
- We are planning an outdoor “open house” gathering for Seacoast SCORE volunteers on Wednesday June 23 beginning at 5PM. This will be, for some, a first chance to meet your fellow volunteers. It will be in the lot behind 230 Commerce Way, and will be entirely voluntary/optional for you to attend. Expect some food, fun and a chance to tour our new office under the guidelines outlined here.
- This guidance will change and be updated over time, it is current as of (Date).