Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) have been hot topics for many large organizations in recent years, and rightfully so. The more research and studies we do, the clearer it becomes that there are many benefits to an inclusive diverse workforce: better retention rates, stronger workforce performance, and higher engagement rates.
But Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are also priorities that small business owners need to embrace to achieve these benefits and more.
By attending this session, presented by SCORE DEI Ambassador Karla Micka, you will be able to:
- Understand and articulate why DEI is important to your business
- Take steps to establish a diverse, equitable, and inclusive business culture using a simple framework
- Analyze how your background influences the way you perceive and interact with others
- Understand what unconscious biases are, and how to recognize and overcome them in your workplace
- Recognize, that as a leader, creating a diverse and inclusive culture begins with you
In recognition of Women's History Month, we are thrilled to have Chapter Chair and SCORE Southeast Regional DEI Ambassador, Karla Micka, share her expertise with the SCORE audience.