Starting and Promoting Virtual Women Networking Workshops
- A district-wide, recurring program focusing on women entrepreneurs during this unprecedented time. Focus on women’s unique challenges. Provides access to colleagues and mentors. Provides networking and brainstorming ideas. Brings a feeling of belonging and not being alone.
- Webinars are held weekly or bi-weekly at the same time.
- 4-5 women mentors participate in each session. Their photos and email addresses are displayed.
- All sessions are free to participants.
Webinar begins with mentor introductions, where they’re from and their background (10 minutes)
Subject for the webinar is introduced and presented (10 minutes)
Discussion through chat (40 minutes)
Process to start and administer the event
- District Director contacts Chapter Chairs, explains the program and obtains buy-in
- District leadership identifies (recruits administrator). This does not have to be a SCORE volunteer.
- Existing paid admin or outside consultant in social media works well.
- Admin invites all leaders and women mentors to a zoom meeting to explain the program.
- Solicits input from all on possible topics.
- Admin lines up mentors and speakers for next session. Speakers do not have to be SCORE volunteers. Outside consultants (SBA, social media experts, etc) can be used.
- Sets up zoom meeting with option for people to register.
- Admin sends flyer to chapters so they can advertise to their data bases.
- Admin posts on all social media outlets and sends flyers to community partners to help advertise.
- After webinar sends email lists to chapters.
- Can be counted as a workshop.
Suggested possible topics
- Federal funding opportunities (SBA)
- Alternate funding available (panel)
- How to work effectively from home
- How to be a business owner, head of household and parent all at the same time
- How to keep your sanity during this time
- How to restart your business
- How to use social media to ensure your business keeps afloat
- Creative ways to recreate your business
- Suggestions on how to find cash in these difficult times
- Work-life balance