Audience: Event Manager
Chapters should continue to use Constant Contact up until their SCORE Engage go live date. The SCORE HQ Engage team will work with you as that date approaches to gather the names and dates of events occurring near, on, and up to 3 months after the transition date. We will put them into the new system for you so that you have the option to begin managing events from inside of Engage on day one. Please note that Chapters have 90 days after their Engage go-live date to FULLY transition from using Constant Contact to using the new system for event management.
This article explains what will take place exclusively in Engage vs. Constant Contact and what you need to do to migrate your Constant Contact events. Chapters will have 90 days after their Engage go-live date to fully transition from using Constant Contact to using the new system for event management.
Note: To view the full list of notifications for the Event Journey, click here. (You must be signed into your @scorevolunteer.org account.)
Table of Contents:
- Engage vs. Constant Contact
- Migrating Your Events to Engage
- Viewing Your Events in Engage
- Viewing Events on Your Chapter Website
Engage vs. Constant Contact
- Once your chapter is live in Engage, everything from event creation to the post-event process will be performed in Engage, except for email marketing. You should continue to use Constant Contact to communicate to volunteers, clients, and your community about your chapter’s events. The below info-graphic illustrates these changes.
Migrating Your Events
Events migrated over from Constant Contact to Engage for your chapter by our team will have a status of ‘Draft’ to ensure that there is no duplication of event listings on your chapter website. They will include the Name and Date of your event. All other information (descriptions, fees, etc.) for these events should be copied from Constant Contact to Engage by the Event Manager(s) of your chapter during the 90 day transition period.
Our team will also work with you during the 90 day transition period to bring over registration information for these events. The process for this is outlined below.
- Within 24 hours of the event being held, download the registration information data from Constant Contact and send it to your assigned Chapter Success Manager (and copy Engage@score.org).
- A member of the Engage Team will manually enter in the data for each registrant for that event. Note: the SBA now requires the following data for each registrant - First Name, Last Name, Phone Number, Email Address, and Zip Code. Any registrants without that information will not be entered as they cannot be counted or reported to the SBA.
- Once the registrant information has been uploaded for the event(s) the Engage Team member will notify you. The Event Manager from your chapter should review the information to ensure that it is correct and then update the event status from ‘Draft’ to ‘Complete’.
- The event will be reflected on your chapter reports in the month that it was confirmed and marked as complete in Engage.
If your chapter is using a customized widget on your chapter website for events, please contact Marketing@score.org and include your chapter name, the URL to your chapter website and a note that your chapter is preparing to transition to Engage. They will work with you to configure the settings on your website to ensure the event listings are displayed in a clear, easily viewable format.
This will be discussed in more detail during your chapter’s Data Migration and Configuration Review session with the SCORE HQ team, which happens in the week prior to your go-live date.
Viewing Your Event In Engage
- From the Engage home page, select Events.
- Select the list view you would like to see.
- The event list can be sorted by any of the column headings in ascending or descending order. Simply click on the column header to sort. It will sort the values in ascending order. Click the column heading a second time have it sort in descending order.
- To display the events on your chapter website, please modify each event and make sure the Show event on SCORE website box is checked.
- For instructions on how to modify event information, please see this article.
Viewing Events on Your Chapter Website
- Navigate to your chapter website and select Take a Workshop from the home page.
- Scroll down to view your local events listing. Note: Events will only be listed if you checked the Show event on SCORE website box on the event record in Engage
- Note that the registration form is one generated from Engage, not Constant Contact.