Audience: Event Manager
Chapters should continue to use Constant Contact up until their SCORE Engage go live date. The SCORE HQ Engage team will work with you as that date approaches to gather the names and dates of events occurring near, on, and up to 3 months after the transition date. We will put them into the new system for you so that you can easily begin managing events from inside of Engage on day one. This includes any registrants that may already be attached to those events. This will be discussed in more detail during your chapter’s Data Migration and Configuration Review session with the SCORE HQ team, which happens in the week prior to your go-live date.
This article explains what will take place exclusively in Engage vs. Constant Contact and what you need to do to migrate your Constant Contact events. Chapters will have 90 days after their Engage go-live date to fully transition from using Constant Contact to using the new system for event management.
Table of Contents:
- Engage vs. Constant Contact
- Migrating Your Events to Engage
- Viewing Your Events in Engage
- Viewing Events on Your Chapter Website
Engage vs. Constant Contact
- Once your chapter is live in Engage, everything from event creation to the post-event process will be performed in Engage, except for email marketing. You should continue to use Constant Contact to communicate to volunteers, clients, and your community about your chapter’s events. The below info-graphic illustrates these changes.
Migrating Your Events
- During your chapter’s Data Migration and Configuration Review session you will be asked to provide to the SCORE HQ team information of any published events in Constant Contact that you would like us to migrate events from Constant Contact to Engage, so that you can begin managing them in the new system on day one.
- You can reply to the follow-up email sent after your Data Migration and Configuration Review session or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information for each event:
- a. Event Name
- b. Event Date
- The HQ Engage team will transfer your events in Engage, including any registrants already attached to each event.
Viewing Your Event In Engage
- From the Engage home page, select Events.
- Select the list view you would like to see.
- The event list can be sorted by any of the column headings in ascending or descending order. Simply click on the column header to sort. It will sort the values in ascending order. Click the column heading a second time have it sort in descending order.
- To display the events on your chapter website, please modify each event and make sure the Show event on SCORE website box is checked.
- For instructions on how to modify an event information, please see this article.
Viewing Events on Your Chapter Website
- Navigate to your chapter website and select Take a Workshop from the home page.
- Scroll down to view your local events listing. Note: Events will only be listed if you checked the Show event on SCORE website box on the event record in Engage
- Note that the registration form is one generated from Engage, not Constant Contact.