Thank you for reaching-out to SCORE Southern Maryland.
In an effort to provide valuable resources and helpful, timely assistance to our business community, I now attach the following helpful resources from SCORE:
- SCORE's Disaster Preparedness List of Resources link: https://www.score.org/content/small-business-disaster-preparedness-resources
- Files attached
- Coronavirus "customizable Window Flyer
- SCORE's Crisis Communication Planning Checklist
- SBA Loan Maryland Fact Sheet Summary
- SBA’s Baltimore District Disaster Loans Guide
- SBA's Disaster Economic Injury Worksheet
Additionally, if you have employee's, below are the links to the following resources:
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration: https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/covid-19/
- Centers for Disease Control - Interim Guidance for Businesses & Employers: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/guidance-business-response.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fspecific-groups%2Fguidance-business-response.html
Other things to consider:
- Review your insurance policy for any Business Interruption/Extra Expense coverage. Be sure to reach out to your insurance professional with any questions to see if you need to formally file a claim for consideration as a result of your loss of income and extra expenses through a mandated closure (or a diminished operating capacity) by a local, state or federal Civil Authority directive. Here is the "Maryland Insurance Administration Advisory on Business Interruption Insurance."
- Contact your Accountant or CPA for information and guidance on any possible Business/Casualty Loss deductions on next year's Federal and State Tax returns. You may be able to deduct the loss or partial loss of personal and business use property on your federal income tax return.
- Check-out the The Disaster Assistance Portal which can help you find disaster-related assistance that meets your personal needs. You can locate over 60 forms of assistance from 17 federal agencies. Go to http://www.disasterassistance.gov/ for more information.
SCORE, a resource partner of the SBA, is committed to providing local businesses with the latest business resources, assistance and guidance to help you find needed financial assistance as well as provide useful disaster planning tools.
We also have volunteer mentors with decades of business experience available, locally, to help anyone get their business back on track for the future. Through the good days, and the bad, SCORE is here, available and for the life of your business too.
SCORE - Southern Maryland
1521 Ritchie Highway, Suite 206
Arnold, MD 21012
SCORE Southern Maryland provides a network of trusted, knowledgeable mentors and relevant workshops/events to help emerging entrepreneurs and existing small businesses solve problems and improve competency as they create companies, jobs, and revenue in the State of Maryland.
We will assist you in creating a business and financial plan in preparation for acquiring financing from a lending institution or SBA Loan guaranty. SCORE does not lend money, but helps you to prepare to find loan sourcing.