Audience: Event Manager
The event creation process includes setting up and publishing the event. This process involves defining registration settings, an event fee, discount codes, survey settings, email marketing preferences and adding a Workshop Presenter. An event may be created using a previous event as a template, which is known as cloning an event. Note: Chapters have 90 days after they go live to fully convert from Constant Contact to Engage.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Create & Publish Event
- Marketing the Event
- Cloning an Event
- Add Workshop Presenter
CREATE & PUBLISH EVENT
Policy change: Event Managers will now create events in SCORE Engage instead of Constant Contact. Event Managers will now manage the timing of sending the event survey (1 hour, 24 hours, or 48 hours after the event) in SCORE Engage. If not specified, the survey will be sent 24 hours after the event has occurred. This process used to be completed in Constant Contact.
Business rule: When setting up an event, Event Managers now have the ability to select a check box to publish the event to SCORE Headquarters and chapter websites. The Chapter Webmasters are not notified and will need to manually add any images or materials. New registrants will be automatically added to the Chapter's contact list in Constant Contact. This sync can be disabled by the Event Manager on an event by event basis.
1. Navigate to events by clicking on Events from the Home Page.
2. Note: You can also view events by chapter or all SCORE events by selecting the down arrow next to Events and selecting a different list view.
3. To create an event, click the New button.
- You will enter all the event information into the form.
a. Note: Required fields are Event Name, Chapter, Start Date & Time, End Date & Time, Event Status, Survey Timing, Training Topic(s), Program Format, and Event Fee information.
Hover above the next to the fields on the form to view a description or helpful hint about the field.
b. Start by entering Event Name, Chapter, Start Date & Time, and End Date & Time.
- Enter Event Status. Available values and descriptions are below:
- Set the Survey Timing. This field defaults to 24 hours; however, you can configure it to send 1 hour, 24 hours or 48 hours after the event.
Note: A survey will not be sent out to attendees until the event status is updated to completed. If the status change occurs several days after the event, the surveys will be sent to those attendees individually.
- Enter the Short Description, which is what will be displayed on the registration form and any snippet information provided about the event, and the Long Description, which is what is displayed on the Chapter website.
- Select Training Topics by clicking on the topic and clicking the arrow to move the topic to the Chosen column.
Note: You can select multiple training topics by holding the CTRL key on your keyboard.
- Select the Local Event Type, Program Format, Training Delivery Method, secondary or Other Training Delivery Method (if applicable), National SCORE Program, Language Used and Other Language Used (if applicable).
- Indicate whether the event is related to COVID-19.
- If there is a Non-SCORE Workshop Presenter, enter the presenter’s name.
Note: The individual will not have access to SCORE Engage and the event information held in the system.
- Enter the Location Information.
- Enter the Event Contact information and whether to Display Event Contact on Registration Form.
- Enter the Sponsor and Co-Sponsor.
15. To modify the registration settings, select the checkbox to Limit the Number of Registrations.
a. You can do this by selecting a date to Close the Registration or enter a Registration Limit.
b. If you would like to maintain a waitlist for the event, select Yes from the dropdown and any registrations received after capacity will be added to a waitlist.
c. Registration status will automatically update to 'closed' when the event has met the close registration date or registrant limit, but you can also go in and manually update the status to 'closed'.
d. By default, the event will be published to the SCORE Headquarters website and the chapter website. If you want the event to be invitation-only, such as for volunteer facing events, simply de-select the checkbox.
Event Fees & Discount Codes
16. You can configure event fee information for paid events.
17. To charge a fee for the Event, select Yes from the ‘Charging a Fee?’ dropdown field.
a. Note: You can set up to three (3) discount codes. Discount codes are defined by the Chapter.
18. Enter the dollar amount into the Full Fee field, which is required for paid events.
19. The event discount can be a dollar amount of a % of the Full Fee. Enter the Discount Code that can be used by clients on the registration form to waive the full fee of an event.
20. Other Income is income earned from the event that is not from the registrant’s event fee. This can be entered after the event has taken place.
21. The Full Fee Income and No Show Income are calculated and automatically populated by the system based on registrant information.
22. Total Attendees, Total No Show Registrants, and Full Fee Attendees are roll-up fields that will be populated by the system based on registrant information.
Email Marketing: Constant Contact
23. By default, the Constant Contact Sync Enabled field is checked. This will automatically import all registrants to your Constant Contact account. If you don’t want this information imported, simply de-select the checkbox.
MARKETING THE EVENT
Business rule: To market the event via email using Constant Contact, the registration form link will need to be manually copied from the event record in SCORE Engage to the email in Constant Contact. Event materials (presentations, handouts, etc.) can be added to the event record. These attachments are included in the event survey email sent to participants.
- If you selected the Show Event on SCORE Website field when setting up the event, the event will be published to SCORE Headquarters’ website and your chapter website. There will be a ‘Register’ button to promote registration to your event.
- If you want to promote your event using Constant Contact or via direct mail you can copy the event registration link from the event record for distribution.
- To access the event registration link, navigate to the event record. Do this by selecting Events from the Home Page.
- Select the event record.
- Scroll down to the Registration Details section to locate the Event Registration Link & Walk-in Registration URL.
CLONING AN EVENT
- If you previously held an event that you would like to recreate, you can clone that event.
- Select Events from the Home Page.
- Select the past event you wish to clone by clicking on the name of the event.
- Click on the drop-down arrow and select Clone.
- Edit any event details that are different or new and click Save.
ADD WORKSHOP PRESENTER
- From the Home Page, select Events.
- Select the event record.
- Once on the event record, click the Add Workshop Presenter button.
- Enter the name of the Workshop Presenter and click Save.
- You will now be able to view Workshop Presenters on the event record.