Audience: Event Manager
The event creation process includes setting up and publishing the event. This process involves defining registration settings, an event fee, discount codes, survey settings, email marketing preferences, and adding a Workshop Presenter. An event may be created using a previous event as a template, which is known as cloning an event. Note: Chapters have 90 days after they go live to fully convert from Constant Contact to Engage.
Note: To view the full list of notifications for the Event Journey, click here. (You must be signed in to your @scorevolunteer.org account.)
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Create & Publish Event
- Basic Information
- Survey Settings
- Adding a Non-SCORE Workshop Presenter
- Location Information
- Registration Details - Automatic Registration Close Out
- Registration Details - Manual Registration Close Out
- Paid Events Setup
- Attendee Information
- Email Marketing: Constant Contact
- Upload Event Main Image
- Add SCORE Workshop Presenter
- Upload Files
- Marketing the Event
- Cloning an Event
- Add Workshop Presenter
CREATE & PUBLISH EVENT
Create & Publish Event
Policy change: Event Managers will now create events in SCORE Engage instead of Constant Contact. Event Managers will now manage the timing of sending the event survey (1 hour, 24 hours, or 48 hours after the event) in SCORE Engage. If not specified, the survey will be sent 24 hours after the event has occurred. This process used to be completed in Constant Contact.
Business rule: When setting up an event, Event Managers now can select a check box to publish the event to SCORE Headquarters and chapter websites. Chapter Webmasters are not notified and will need to manually add any images or materials. New registrants will be automatically added to the Chapter's contact list in Constant Contact. This sync can be disabled by the Event Manager on an event-by-event basis.
1) Navigate to events by clicking on Events from the Home Page.
2) By default, it should open up to the SCORE Events for My Chapter list view. You can also click the drop-down arrow next to the list view name to select a different list view.
3) To create an event, click the New button.
4) Enter the basic event information. In this section, the required fields are Event Name, Chapter, Start Date & Time, End Date & Time, Survey Timing, and the Event Status.
- To start, enter the Event Name, search the Chapter, indicate the Start Date and Time and the End Date and Time.
5) Enter Event Status. Available values and descriptions are below:
6) Set the Survey Timing. This field defaults to 24 hours; however, you can configure it to send 1 hour, 24 hours, or 48 hours after the event.
Note: A survey will not be sent out to attendees until the event status is updated to Completed.
7) Enter your description in this section.
- Short Description - any information entered here will be displayed on the registration form. The character limit on this field is 255.
- Description - a.k.a. Long Description. You can enter more information about your event in this field. The current character limit on this field is set to 32768. The information on this field will be displayed on the landing page created by Engage in your chapter website.
- Description HTML - use this field to create and structure sections, headings, links and lists on your landing page. Currently, there is no character limit in this field. Note: The font styling (font type and size) offered in this field does not work with our website (Drupal) so please refrain from using any of it. Also, do not use the Insert Image on this Description HTML box, instead, refer to the steps on how to add an event image.
8) The Training Topic(s) is a required field so make sure to select at least one topic on this field. Select a topic by clicking it on the Available box, then click the arrow to move the topic to the Chosen box. Note: To select multiple training topics, hold your CTRL key (or Command key for Mac users) and click the topics.
9) Select Resource Partners on the next field. By default, SCORE is pre-selected in this section.
10) Select the Local Event Type by clicking the drop-down arrow to show the options. Note: Local Event Type can be applicable for setting up chapter-only events. Workshops with the Event Type Awards/Ceremony, Client Networking, and Trade Show/Conference are NOT counted in the Total Local Services Numbers.
11) Select the appropriate Program Format by clicking the drop-down arrow to show the options.
12) Training Delivery Method, secondary or Other Training Delivery Method (if applicable), National SCORE Program, Language Used and Other Language Used (if applicable).
Non-SCORE Workshop Presenter
13) If there is a Non-SCORE Workshop Presenter, enter the presenter’s name. Note: The individual will not have access to SCORE Engage and the event information held in the system.
14) Enter the Location Information.
Notes: Events without the location details will show on the website as a Live Event and marked as Online (but will be indexed with the chapter's state and zip so it will still display in the National search).
Events with a location street, city, state, or zip code information will show on the website as a Live Event and marked as In Person.
15) Enter the Sponsor and Co-Sponsor information. The text fields have a limit of 40 characters. Note: If you want to add your Sponsor Logo, please upload it as an image.
Registration Details - Automatically set up for the system to close the registration.
16) You can set up the system to automatically close out the Registration Status by setting the Limit # of Registrations. Note: When checking this box, you will be required to enter the limit size in the Registrant Limit field.
Note: If you would like to maintain a waitlist for the event, select Yes from the dropdown and any registrations received after capacity will be added to a waitlist.
17) You can also set up the system to automatically close out the Registration Status by defining the Close Registration on (Date). Note: We suggest closing your registration on the day before your event as the system closes the registration at 11:59 pm of your local time.
- As a result of setting up either or both of these fields, the Registration Status will automatically be set to Closed after the field has been satisfied.
Registration Details - Event Manager manually closes the registration.
18) Another option is to close the registration manually (skip setting up items 17 and 18). The Event Manager can come back to the event record page any time to modify the Registration Status from Open to Closed. To modify an event to change its registration status, please follow the guide here.
19) Show Event on SCORE Website is checked by default. You'll also find your event displayed on your chapter's Take A Workshop page. In the Registration Details section, you are given the option to uncheck a box to prevent the system from displaying your event online. If unchecked, the event will not be displayed online but will still accept registrations.
Paid Events Setup
20) To configure a paid event, select Yes on the Charging a Fee field. You will then be required to enter an amount on the Full Fee field. The Other Income field is for income earned from the event that is not from the registrant’s event fee. This can be entered after the event has taken place. The Full Fee Income and No Show Income are calculated and automatically populated by the system based on registrant information.
21) When setting up a Paid Event, you are also required to display and enter the Event Contact Info. Fill out the fields under this section for paid events.
22) Event Discount Information can be added for your paid events. You can set up an Early Bird Discount and up to three (3) Discount Codes. Discount codes are defined by the Chapter. The event discount can be a dollar amount or a % of the Full Fee.
23) Total Attendees, Total No Show Registrants, and Full Fee Attendees are roll-up fields that will be populated by the system based on registrant information.
Email Marketing: Constant Contact
24) By default, the Constant Contact Sync Enabled box is checked. This will automatically import all registrants to your Constant Contact account. If you don’t want this information imported, simply de-select the checkbox. Note: If you see any error message on the List Callout Error Type and List Callout Error Details fields, screenshot these fields and send an email to email@example.com.
25) After putting in all the information about your event, click Save to create the event record page.
Upload Event Main Image
26) Next, upload a new image from your local device by clicking Upload Files or drag and drop file. Then, click Next.
Add SCORE Workshop Presenters
Note: If you are looking at how to add a Non-SCORE Workshop Presenter, please click here.
27) The next window will allow you to add a SCORE Workshop Presenter. Select Yes if adding one during the creation or you can always modify the event later to add the Workshop Presenter. Click Next.
28) Search the presenter by typing their first or last name and click their name from the results. Then, click Next.
29) If you want to add more SCORE Workshop Presenters and you can select Yes or No and then click Next.
30) When applicable, upload documents or other file resources related to the event here. Click the Upload Files button or drag and drop the file. Then, click Next.
31) On the last window, you'll get the confirmation message that you've successfully created an event. Click Finish and you're done!
Marketing The Event
Business rule: To market the event via email using Constant Contact, the registration form link will need to be manually copied from the event record in SCORE Engage to the email in Constant Contact. Event Materials (presentations, handouts, etc.) can be added to the event record. These attachments are included in the event survey email sent to participants.
- If you selected the Show Event on SCORE Website field when setting up the event, the event will be published to SCORE Headquarters’ website and your chapter website. There will be a ‘Register’ button to promote registration to your event.
- If you want to promote your event using Constant Contact or via direct mail you can copy the event registration link from the event record for distribution.
1) To access the event registration link, navigate to the event record. Do this by selecting Events from the homepage.
2) Select the event record by clicking the name of the event.
3) Scroll down to the Registration Details section to locate the Event Registration Link.
Cloning An Event
1) If you previously held an event that you would like to recreate, you can clone that event.
2) Select Events from the homepage.
3) Select the past event you wish to clone by clicking the name of the event.
4) Click on the drop-down arrow and select Clone.
5) Edit your Start Date and Time and End Date and Time and your Event Status to Draft when cloning an event. Also, scroll down to the other event details you may want to modify or review using the scroll bar on the right. If you are missing the scroll bar, please review the Best Practices for Mac Users. When done, click the Save button.
- Note if using the Zoom Webinar Integration Tool: You do not have to remove the webinar details since the Webinar URL will be automatically removed after saving the cloned event. We suggest that replacing or entering a new webinar password unique to the clone event.