Audience: Client Intake Coordinator, Mentor
The Mentor Scheduling Tool is a system that allows clients to view a mentor’s availability for a session and book the session online. Once a client has selected the request button on a mentor’s profile page, they will be brought into the Mentor Scheduling Tool to view the mentor’s available time slots. They can select a time and book the session right then and there. Alternatively, if the mentor does not maintain their availability in the Mentor Scheduling Tool or there are no available slots that work for the client the client will be directed to the mentor request form as a named mentor request. The mentor will receive a notification of the request and the two parties can coordinate a time for the mentoring session.
Table of Contents:
- Navigating to a Profile
- Overview of the Mentor Scheduling Tool
- Managing Availability
- Booking an Appointment
- Cancelling an Appointment
- Rescheduling an Appointment
- Managing Appointments
- Handling Walk-in
- Check-in for an appointment / Mark Appointment Complete
Navigating to a profile
- When you navigate to the Mentor Scheduling Tool from Engage, you will default to your chapter. If you belong to multiple chapters or if your chapter has branches, you will need to select which chapter or branch that you want to manage your calendar in and then click Continue.
- You will default into the Calendar view, which is a full list of active mentors (not provisional) in the chapter and their availability. The blue/gray shows available time. You can change the view by clicking Day (to view availability within a given day), Week (to view availability within a week), or Month (to view availability within a month).
- If you are looking for a specific individual, you can filter by staff by typing the name into the text box at the top of the page.
- Once you locate the staff member you are looking for, click on their name.
- That will bring you to into the Profile screen.
- The alternative view from the Home Page is the Agenda View, which provides a full list of bookings for a given day, week or month. To access a booking from the agenda, simply click on the booking and select View Booking. You can also quickly cancel bookings from this area by clicking on the appointment and selecting Cancel Booking.
Overview of the Mentor Scheduling Tool
1. When you access your profile in the Mentor Scheduling Tool, you are brought to the Details tab. This screen displays demographic information that is pulled from SCORE Engage and cannot be edited here. This information is not visible to clients.
This is calendar view of your bookings and availability. The blue areas represent the times that can be booked by a client or Client Intake Coordinator or Chapter Admin on behalf of a client.
This is where you can see your availability, set your availability and set shift patterns. Shift patterns are recurring times you are available (E.g., I am available from 9:00 am – 6:00 pm on Mondays & Wednesday.)
To define a Shift Pattern by clicking on the Create shift pattern button. Enter the start date, start and end time, recurrence pattern (Daily, Weekly or Sporadically) You can set this to recur, such as daily, weekly or sporadically.
- Condition: Shift Patterns can be associated with location using conditions. This will allow you to say I am available on Monday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm at one location and Wednesdays from 9:00 am – 6:00 pm at another location.
- To create a new condition, select the Create New button.
- Enter a name for the condition, select a color and indicate which location.
Outlines the different mentoring services that are provided. The services are defined by SCORE HQ and each mentor can set which services you are available to complete by checking the check mark under Capable?
Users using JRNI on a day to day basis will see and use the calendar screen the most. Users can use this screen for a multitude of tasks such as making bookings, moving bookings, locating bookings and customers and easily viewing availability.
Elements on this screen are listed below:
- Click on the logo to return to the calendar screen.
- Use this search bar to search for bookings and mentors. You can search using the booking reference, mentor reference number, email or phone number.
- If you have access to multiple chapter branches, this switch location function is used to switch to a different location.
- Click here to log out of JRNI.
- View the calendar by mentor.
- View bookings in a list format.
- If you wish to view a specific mentor, use this search bar to filter out exactly who or what calendar you want to view.
- Click here to make a new booking rather than using the calendar to select a staff/resource, date and time.
- Click on the cog to change the time
- Use the arrows to go back and forward 1 day and click on the mini calendar to select a chosen date.
- View the calendar and agenda for the day, the week, or the month.
- Appointments will appear on the calendar in different colors depending on the appointment type. Time that has been blocked out will appear as 'blocked'.
- The options on the sidebar menu allow you to navigate to other areas of the mentor scheduling tool. You will find more information on each of these areas in the JRNI Training Manual under relevant resources.
- If you delete availability in the Mentor Scheduling Tool, either an individual timeslot or a shift, any appointments already scheduled will remain on your calendar. that time will no longer show as available to book to clients.
- Use the block time function to block out specific times in the day, whole days, or multiple days for the holiday.
1. From your profile, click the Schedule tab.
3. Enter the following information:
- Start date
- Time slot (e.g., 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM),
- Recurrence (e.g., weekly),
- Time interval for the recurrence (e.g., I am available every 3rd day or 3rd week -> the interval would be set to 3)
- Day you are available (e.g., every Thursday).
- Interval: Interval allows you to set times to occur more sporadically by setting the availability interval to occur every X number of days (e.g., I am available every 3rd day or 3rd week).
- End date if there is one and condition (the location where you are available). Leaving it as Default will be your assigned branch.
4. To quickly block a window of time within a previous set shift pattern or recurring availability window, simply navigate to your calendar and click the time frame that you would like to block. Click the Block Time button.
5. Indicate if you wish to block the entire day or set the window of the time block. If you would like, you can enter a reason and then click Block Time.
6. To block out multiple days, follow the below steps:
a. Navigate to the calendar page. If you are blocking out multiple days, view the calendar in a month view.
b. Use your mouse to select the days you wish to block out for holiday and click 'Block time'
c. Select the staff you wish to block time off for.
d. Enter the reason for the time off
Booking an Appointment
Policy change: The Small Business Administration no longer requires that new face-to-face session be a minimum of 1 hour and an email session 30 minutes.
Business rule: Returning clients will now be sent to SCORE's scheduling tool to select a location based on their zip code when booking an appointment with their mentor.
- Navigate to the calendar using the side menu options (Home > Calendar)
- Click on the New Booking button located at the top of all pages within the Mentor Scheduling Tool
5. Based on the availability set in the system, it will provide you with available appointments in the morning and afternoon on a given day. Use either the calendar button or arrows to navigate to a future date.
9. You will be asked to fill out some information about the primary attendees and their business. Required fields are: Is your business already established?, What type of business do you have?, What is your zip code?, Please describe the business questions you need answered here, How would you like to communicate with your mentor? (phone, text or email), and Select an area you would like to be mentored in.
11. Alternatively, you can book an appointment straight from the calendar by clicking on your preferred time slot on the mentor’s calendar. Click in the time slot you would like to book and hit the Create Booking button.
a. You would then follow the same process outline above.
Locating an Appointment
To locate a booking or a customer simply use the global search bar at the top of the page. You will be able to locate a booking or customer by searching for the following:
- Booking reference number
- Customer name
- Customer email
- Customer phone number
Cancelling an Appointment
- From the Calendar View, you can search for the staff member of the appointment you wish to cancel by entering the mentor’s name into the filter field.
a. If you are the mentor, you can also access your profile and cancel directly from your Calendar or Agenda view by selecting the booking from there.
Rescheduling an Appointment
There are a few ways to reschedule a booking inside the mentor scheduling tool such as: ·
- Locating and clicking on the booking from the calendar.
- Drag and drop using the calendar.
- Locating the booking using the global search bar.
Locating and clicking on the booking from the calendar:
4. Select the new booking date and time and clock Move Booking.
a. Please ensure the Send Notification to customer box is checked so the client is notified.
Drag and Drop:
- Click on the booking you wish to move and simply drag and drop the booking into the new time slot, staff member or resource. If moving a booking to a different day, change the calendar view to a week or a month. (If you are rescheduling a booking beyond this date you should search for the booking and reschedule from the booking profile page.)
- A pop-up box will appear asking if you are sure you wish to move the booking to the new chosen time, day, staff member, or resource. Ensure the details are correct and click 'Move booking'.From the Calendar View, you can search for the staff member of the appointment you wish to reschedule by entering the mentor’s name into the filter field.
5. The Timeline tab allows you to view a change log listing the history of the appointment, including when it was created and any changes that were made.
Handling a Walk-in Appointment
5. Search for the existing client using the filter field and click
You can also click on Create new customer to enter a new client. You will be asked to provide first name, last name, email address and mobile number.
6. Click continue to confirm booking and have a notification sent to the mentor and client.
Checking in an Appointment
There are two ways you can check in a client for an appointment. We recommend Admins use the check in feature from the left navigation bar that starts in step 1. Mentors should access their area within the tool that holds their calendar information and schedule and check in clients from there, which starts in step