Audience: Volunteer Intake Coordinator, Client Intake Coordinator
When a volunteer application or client mentoring request is submitted to SCORE Engage, a case is created based on that request. In some cases, it may be helpful to assign an owner who will take the lead on moving the request through the process. For example: if your chapter has multiple members serving in the Volunteer Intake Coordinator or Client Intake Coordinator roles.
Note: To view the full list of notifications for the Volunteer Journey, click here. (You must be signed into your @scorevolunteer.org account.)
Table of Contents:
- Taking Ownership of a Case in the Volunteer Intake Queue
- Taking Ownership of a Case in the Client Intake Queue
Taking Ownership Of A Case In The Volunteer Intake Queue
Business rule: Chapters can have more than one Volunteer Intake Coordinator. Each volunteer listed as a Volunteer Intake Coordinator will receive notifications and have access to the Volunteer Intake Queue. It will be important to take ownership of items in the queue to avoid duplicate work.
- From the Home Page, navigate to the Volunteer Intake Queue. Under Chapter Volunteer Onboarding, select Applications by Status.
- Locate the volunteer application you would like to take ownership of in the list view.
- Using the drop-down arrow, select Change Owner.
- Search for the name of the person you wish to assign as the owner. This can be yourself. Select if you would like the case owner to be notified of the assignment via email using the checkbox and click Submit.
Taking Ownership Of A Case In The Client Intake Queue
When to Use this Process: The CIC can change the case owner when they know that the assigned mentor will not be able to accept/decline the request without having to wait 5 business days for the system to put it back in the Client Intake Queue.
1) From the homepage, select Chapter Client Requests by Status.
2a) Search the client by name on the search this list.
2b) Alternatively, you can click the drop-down from the current list view and then select the chapter's Client Intake list view.
3) Locate the request and click the drop-down arrow and then select Change Owner.
4) On the Change Case Owner window do the following actions:
- click the drop-down arrow
- select Queues
- type in your chapter's name on the field e.g. Richmond
- then, select the chapter's Client Intake queue
5) Click Submit and the mentoring request will go back to the chapter's client intake view so the Client Intake Coordinator will be able to reassign it to another matching mentor.
Note: You can also send an email notification to alert all CIC regarding this change by checking the box to Send Notification Email.