What are SCORE Clients Saying?
“Flexibility! I was originally told I was going to have to drive an hour away and only on certain days to meet with a mentor. However, then SCORE offered virtual mentoring and everything changed! Love that I can see and talk to my mentor from the comfort of my home.”
“This new video option......takes the cake. It's an incredible offering.”
What are SCORE Mentors Saying?
“Being able to connect 1 - 1 virtually saved the client the 5 hours she was willing to drive; we were able to personally connect.”
“It would have taken us 1 month to get a subject matter expert to join the mentoring session with a client and lead mentor, instead with video it took 3 days to schedule.”
“The client has a fulltime job and a terribly long commute, so could not come to a SCORE office to talk..... Making an appointment during nonstandard business hours allowed the client to relax and then to better focus on [her] plans.”
What is SCORE Video Mentoring?
What is Video Mentoring?
Live, personal, free mentoring by SCORE mentors regardless of the location of client or volunteer.
How do Mentors and Small Business Owners Meet?
Easy face - to - face video technology such as Google Meet, Skype, FaceTime, Zoom, and Go To Meeting, allow volunteers and small business owners to connect face - to - face.
Why Offer Video Mentoring?
- Matches small business owners with the perfect mentors, regardless of location
- Brings mentoring to small business owners everywhere across the United States
- Increases convenience by eliminating travel time for busy small business owners and volunteers
- Improves the speed of services to help businesses with their most immediate challenges
- Utilizes the technology that tech savvy small business owners are already using for everyday communication
How Did We Get Here?
Background of Video Mentoring at SCORE
Mentoring with Video Communication Works
What Do the Numbers Say?
May – December 2016
- MREs sent to Virtual Chapter – 2,000
- MREs assigned to Video Mentoring Pilot Group – 1,050
- MREs forwarded to Local Chapters or Email Mentors – 600
- MREs closed out due No Response or International – 350
- MREs Client Directly Requested Specific Video Mentor – 500
NPS Survey Results
- Mentors from Video Pilot Group – 90.5%
- All Mentors Who Recorded Video Session Mentoring – 85%
- Overall NPS for SCORE last year – 82%
Client Engagement Results for Video – 4.3
- Face to Face – 4.15
- Email – 4.0
Who is a Video Client?
Aspiring and Existing Small Business Owners
- Early stage entrepreneurs, who are considering starting a business but who need help defining their ideas, building their plan and obtaining financing
- Start-up businesses, who are seeking to establish their business and manage their finances
- Established businesses, who are seeking to grow their business and increase their revenue or customers
What is Asked of Video Mentors?
- Computer with camera, microphone and internet access
- Quiet location to conduct video calls
- Time to train and test video calls prior to mentoring
- Comfort with 1 or 2 video platforms (Google Meet, Skype, FaceTime, Zoom, GoToMeeting, etc.)
- Availability and flexibility to host mentoring sessions
- Time to enter session notes into CORE
What are Next Steps for Chapters?
- Identify chapter lead to train and inform members of video for mentoring
- Contact Video Mentoring Project Manager – Jenifer Romps
- Review video technology best practices and CORE recording processes in SCORE Training
- Test video communication with chapter members
- Offer video communication as an option to clients
- SCORE Learning Module in SCORE Training
- Use for recruiting