Preparing for Your Appointment
Preparing for your appointment is optional but if you do a little beforehand it greatly enhances the effectiveness of your mentoring session. Review this list of typical questions and be prepared to discuss the answers.
Your Mentor May Ask You
- What kind of guidance or assistance are you looking for from SCORE?
- In 50 words or less, what is your business idea?
- What products or services will you be providing?
- What planning or market research activities have you already done?
- How did you (or will you) determine the market need for your product or service?
- Specifically, who are the customers for your product or service?
- Who are your competitors and how are you different?
- From your customer’s perspective, what benefits do you provide?
- What education/business experience do you have for this type of business?
- Does your family and personal situation support your effort?
- Have you considered the start-up cost required and potential sources of money?
- How much per hour do you propose to earn from your business?
If you have any written cash flow projections or preliminary business plan material, bring these with you and your mentor can review them with you during your session.
Thanks to SCORE St. Louis #21 for contributing this information.