Once your Facebook page is set-up, branded, and has some posts, here are a few things that can be done to attract more followers:
- Add pictures and videos of local volunteers and clients in action.
- Send out an internal newsletter to your chapter volunteers, asking them to like, follow, and engage with your social media pages via their personal accounts. This will help our posts reach their audiences too.
- Add your social media channels to your website, your external newsletters, your email signature, and any marketing collateral you have.
- Ask clients to share and connect.
- Pinpoint other organizations in your area that would be good to connect with and follow them on your social channels. (ex. Chamber of Commerce, SBDC, SBA office, Women’s Development Center, libraries, colleges/universities, trade associations)
- Consider spending a few extra dollars on a targeted ad or ‘boosting’ a post.
- Re-share/Re-tweet SCORE National content to solidify our network.
- Join in hashtags like #MentorMonday and #SmallBiz or #Startup
- Encourage sharing, tagging, and joining in on live Twitter feeds during local workshops and events.
- Try new things, such as Facebook Live, Virtual Contests, Q&A sessions, etc.
Have questions on how to do any of these things, or have other ideas to add?