District Director & Assistant District Director Orientation:
An Introduction to Roles and Responsibilities
You’ve been recruited because you demonstrate the key traits of a good leader: Vision, Passion, Decision Maker, Team Builder & Character!
Key Roles of a DD:
- Compliance Officer
Key Roles of ADD:
- Perform the duties delegated by the district director.
- Provide advice and counsel to the district director and chapter chairs within the district.
- Learn the duties of the district director and act in the absence, or at the request of, the district director within the District as well as within the National Organization.
- Set the overall strategic direction for the district
- Assist CCs with growth initiatives; recruiting, types of services, new locations, marketing, and partnerships
- Profile each chapter, evaluate strengths, weaknesses and needs and develop a plan of action with the CC & Exec Team
- Facilitate cross learning among chapters & districts
- Encourage innovative programs and services, and share successes
- Encourage and assist in building local partnerships and community involvement with each chapter and across the district and state
- Assist chapters in the development of leadership succession plans
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with the SBA and SBDC leaders in your district
- Identify and appoint future Assistant DDs to assist you in the leadership of the district and succession planning