1. District Directors can (and should!), delegate some, of these tasks
2. Due dates are the end of the month unless otherwise noted
3. SCORE National Office is closed during all federal holidays
Tips for Getting Started
- Seek the guidance of the former DD. Hear what they have to say about each of their current Chapter Leaders. Keep the door of communication open to them, but keep in mind that no two “back to back” District Directors will manage their chapters in the same manner.
- Get to know your Chapter Chairs even better. Meet their Executive Team members and learn how they and other chapter members perceive their Chapter Chair.
- Get to know chapters
- Using Sage Intacct for District Directors
- Do they have a written business plan?
- What are they good at?
- How are they perceived in their market?
- How do they mentor?
- Are they offering the full range of possible SCORE services?
- Are they actively recruiting new members?
- Have they established a base of community partners?
- Do they have a written succession plan?
- FINALLY and MOST IMPORTANTLY - how can you help them?