CORE Guide for Chapter Admins:
How to Close Out Multiple MREs employing Multiple Tabs
Created by Tom Hughes of Chapter 0055 Seattle
This documentation describes how to close out multiple MREs in CORE and how to open these MREs in multiple tabs. Unfortunately, there is no way to close out MREs in bulk, they need to be closed out one by one. However, this process will allow you to close MREs out much faster than the typical process.
Note: this process should only be used when we have clients that have MREs that are over three months old. Clients not yet counseled in the last few months should be contacted to find out why they have not been mentored and potentially paired with a new mentor.
This process should not be necessary assuming we are regularly monitoring CNYC and following up with clients and mentors.
How it Works
You use the Clients Not Yet Counseled page to close out MREs. There is a link to this page found in the CORE main menu – left column is for the Volunteers’ and the right column if for the Chapter Admins.
You will still have to enter a close-out session for each MRE, but this process will minimize the wait time between loading the pages. This is done by opening a separate tab for each MRE. While CORE is looking up the information on the first MRE, you are opening a tab on the second, third, fourth, etc. MREs. It is recommended that you open tabs for all MREs on the screen (10).
Once you have opened tabs for all the MREs on the screen, you click on the tab for the first MRE, enter your close-out information and submit. You then go to the tab for the second MRE, enter their closeout information and submit. Then go to the third, and so on. While you are entering the next MRE, the other MREs are being closed in the other tabs.
Once you have closed all the MREs for the tabs you had opened, exit all tabs except the first. Scroll to the next screen and repeat for the group of MREs on this screen. Repeat until all MREs are closed out.
The benefit of this approach is that it eliminates waiting for screen refreshes from CORE. Step-by-step instructions are outlined below.
- Log into CORE the Chapter Admin ID.
- From the CORE homepage, click on View Clients Not Yet Counseled.
- Requested Date can be edited to a certain range date. By default, it pulls up the current Fiscal Year.
- Click Search and it will bring up the results below. The result page below only displays 10 MREs at a time. If there are more MREs in this page, please click the page number, go to next or go to the last page by selecting any of the options found below the results.
- To the right of the first MRE, hover your mouse on Create Session and left click on Open in New Tab. This new tab will load the Create Mentoring Session for the MRE you’ve selected.
- Do step 5 on all the MREs in the page. This should open multiple tabs (10 new tabs) in your browser.
- Go to the second open tab. This should bring up the first MRE's create a session page.
- Scroll down to Session Type, click the drop down arrow and select Close Out.
- Click the drop down on Lead Mentor and select the mentor that was assigned to this client.
- Click the down arrow on Contact Hours and select 0.
- Type a reason for close out in the Session Notes. Suggestion: highlight the closeout reason, do a CTRL/C (Command + C for Apple users)to copy to your clipboard and then a CTRL/V (Command + V) to paste this into subsequent closeouts rather than re-typing the closeout reason.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click Save.
- Click on the tab for the next MRE and repeat steps 8-13.
- After you have closed out all 10 MREs, close each tab except the first one.
- From the first tab which is the CNYC page, click the page or next OR you can also just reload the page. Then, repeat steps 5-15.