SCORE District Marketing Meeting Overview
Congratulations on your upcoming district meeting. Below is some information to help with your planning.
The agenda is intended to guide you in your planning. Feel free to change or modify items based on your chapters’ or district’s specific needs. The agenda focuses on three areas of importance to fulfilling SCORE’s mission: making connections, marketing and fundraising.
Your meeting format can include: all chapter chairs within a district, chapter chairs and chapter marketing directors, clusters of districts in neighboring areas, or a combination that would best serve your district’s needs. DDs or ADDs should organize and lead the meeting, but a planning committee could help with the work. Other helpful suggestions include:
- Secure a sponsor to pay for food, beverages and facilities (recognize them w/signage)
- Selecting a centralized location to minimize travel
- Using nametags as a way of introduction
Secure a main room for your meeting. An extra room for breakout sessions would be ideal, but if this is not possible, conduct breakout sessions in separate areas of the main room. One large conference table or rounds of six will facilitate the best discussions. Other set-up suggestions:
- Set up a SCORE display booth in the back of the room with marketing material
- Set up a podium/microphone at the front of the room
- Set up audio/visual equipment for PowerPoint presentations or Public Service Announcements (PSAs)
- Provide two easels with pads and markers in each room.
SCORE has many resources to support your marketing efforts. Materials can be ordered or downloaded from the SCORE Store or by calling Linda Wyche at 1-800-634-0245.
General Meeting Room
How to Create a Marketing Plan
How to Create Chapter Materials