Guidance to Chapter Admins regarding Onboarding Program Classifications, Descriptions, & Onboarding Requirements (2/4/19)
As part of SCORE’s new Onboarding Program, SCORE’s Classifications are Mentor, Subject Matter Expert, Workshop Presenter, and Volunteer. We recognize the need to track the classifications in CORE. If you are implementing the Onboarding Program, please classify all volunteers in your chapter. For each classification, the New Volunteer Onboarding Checklist must be followed. The classifications are part of the “face” of the Chapter Volunteer Roster Report as the last column on the right. That is as of 1/11/19.
NOTE: Only Admins and SCORE Headquarters Staff should edit volunteer classifications.
- Select each classification that applies to every volunteer in your chapter.
Please Note: if multiple classifications are selected, the volunteer should complete the onboarding for all chosen classifications. See the New Volunteer Onboarding Checklist for complete details on the on-boarding requirements for each classification. Below is a summary.
- ONLY Mentor profiles may be made public.
- Subject Matter Expert
- Workshop Presenter
- Definition/ Description
A Mentor is qualified to mentor any client including existing businesses and start-up clients. Mentors are proficient in guiding a client of any industry on starting and growing a business.
A Subject Matter Expert has knowledge and experience in a specific set of business skills. They assist clients when those skills are needed. May be lead teachers in their specialties. Co- mentor under the supervision of a Mentor.
SCORE Volunteers work in support of the SCORE mission and vision by handling the myriad of administrative and support tasks required to operate a chapter. Do not mentor clients
Workshop Presenters do as their title suggests. They present workshops.
Onboarding Training Requirements
Choose only one classification. If multiple classifications apply, select the one that has the most extensive onboarding requirements.
- Mentor - All SCORE training modules, co-mentoring requirements, chapter orientation, workshop observation
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) - Five SCORE training modules, chapter orientation, no workshop observation requirement
- SCORE Volunteer - Five SCORE training modules, chapter orientation, no workshop observation requirement
- Workshop Presenter - Five SCORE training modules and observes a workshop.
Volunteer Profile – Setting New Classifications
- Scroll down to the “Vocabularies” section of the Profile.
- See below for where to find the drop-down box to select a classification. By holding down the
- “ctrl” button, more than one classification can be selected. Please Note: if multiple classifications are selected, the volunteer should complete the onboarding for all chosen classifications. See the New Volunteer Onboarding Checklist for complete details on the on-boarding requirements for each classification.
Please sign in to leave a comment.