Mentor profile visibility is determined by a few fields in CORE (pictured below).
- To appear on the website, a mentor must check the box that says “Make My Profile Viewable on SCORE.org”. If this box is not checked, your profile will never appear in search results or anywhere else on the website.
- The second setting is the days of the week that the profile is available or viewable on the website. Selecting “None” will prevent your profile from appearing in search results, but it can still appear in other areas, such as the “Our Mentors” content band available for landing pages.
- The third setting is the mentoring request limit. There are daily, weekly, and monthly limits available. You can set these to zero or leave them blank if you do not want to apply a limit. Once your request limit has been reached, your profile will not appear in search results until the limit resets.
- The last setting that affects how a profile appears in search results is the mentoring methods. If you only provide mentoring in person or by phone, you will not appear unless the client enters their location into the search (zip code, city or state within a 200 mi radius). Video and email mentors appear by default on both national and chapter websites.
- For maximum visibility on the website: check the box to make your profile viewable on SCORE.org. Then, select every day of the week and leave your mentoring request limits blank. This can always be changed if you become inundated with requests. Lastly, select at least one mentoring method. If you want to increase the number of requests you receive, consider video mentoring as that will ensure that your profile is available to clients across the country.