Part 1 – Chapter To Do:
- Ensure that your chapter roster is 100% up-to-date in CORE by updating all "inactive" volunteers who've been inactive for 90 days or more to "dropped" in CORE. Please review: How to change inactive volunteers to dropped
- Pay special attention to the members' statuses, as only active and provisional members will be assigned an @scorevolunteer.org email address.
- To clarify, the chapter does not have to update their roster with their volunteers' @scorevolunteer.org email addresses. This will be updated by the Help Desk once the chapter informs us that the roster is up-to-date.
NOTE: If your roster is not complete with these above items, your migration will not be accurate and will require much more time and energy to correct.
Part 2 – SCORE HQ To Do:
- As part of the conversion, we will evaluate @SVO addresses that do NOT correspond to the current Chapter Volunteer Roster. The SVO addresses will either be updated or deleted.
- Existing @SVO addresses that correspond with the Chapter Volunteer Roster and have a ‘last login" older than 6 Months+, will receive a password reset directly from the Help Desk to ensure access to their SCORE volunteer email account. The SCORE volunteer email temporary password will be sent to the volunteer’s personal email address on file.
- Any volunteer on the Chapter Volunteer Roster without an @SVO address will have a SCORE volunteer email created by the Help Desk. This information will also be sent to the volunteer’s personal email address on file via our ticketing system.
- In CORE, the @SVO email will be put into both username fields, primary email address, and the volunteer profile email. From this point forward, mentors will use their SVO addresses to log into CORE. Any future communication from SCORE will go directly to the @SVO email. CORE Password will not be changed.
- The Help Desk will advise the conversion is completed using our ticketing system.
NOTE: The Help Desk does not delete the ch.adminxxxx.scorevolunteer.org or firstname.lastname@example.org accounts.
Part 3 – Chapter To Do:
Chapter Leadership should communicate in a mass email to all volunteers the SVO process is completed and usernames have all been updated to the SVO as their primary email and login from this point forward. CORE Passwords have not been changed. Please use this email to communicate the changes to your chapter: Click here ---> Template of Chapter SVO Conversion Communication to Volunteers
Mentors should begin to check their emails directly in Gmail.com (Web Version) or via the GMAIL App, as the CORE Email tab connection will be discontinued as of this year.
- Connect Your @Scorevolunteer.org Account using Gmail App
- Connect Your @scorevolunteer.org Account to Mac Mail
- Connect Your @scorevolunteer.org to your iPhone Mail Client
Chapters should include in the communications sent to volunteers to add a recovery phone or email. As this will allows volunteers to reset their password themselves should they ever forget it. Without adding a recovery email or phone Volunteers will have to email email@example.com in order to reset the SVO password. How to Add a Recovery Email Article