Part 1 – Chapter To Do:
This process may take up to one week or more, depending on the chapter size and whether or not we have the information needed.
- Decide you are migrating all volunteers among chapter leadership and notify all volunteers that your chapter is migrating to the @scorevolunteer.org emails.
- Ensure that your chapter roster is 100% up to date in CORE. Pay special attention to the member's status, as only active, emeritus and provisional members will be assigned an @SVO email address.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org acknowledging that as of X date, the roster is up to date.
NOTE: If your roster is not complete with these items, your migration will not be accurate and will require much more time and energy to correct.
Part 2 – SCORE HQ To Do:
- The SCORE help desks pulls the chapter roster and the list of the chapter's current existing @SVO emails from G Suite.
- In Google Sheets, the two lists will be merged from CORE Reports and G Suite so that any person on the roster with an @SVO address will be shown with their corresponding email address.
- Any volunteer that does not match the CORE list will be deleted in G Suite
- Using the last login date data, any @SVO addresses with a ‘last login’ date more than 2 months old will have its password reset. The new password info will be sent to the volunteer’s personal email address from Step 2 in Part 1 (CORE).
- Any volunteer without an @SVO address will have one created. This information will be sent to the volunteer’s personal email address from Step 2 in Part 1 (CORE).
- Login information will be sent via Help Desk Ticket (this will take more time if we do not have the personal email). The email will include the password for the @SVO account. Note that the CORE account email will also be changed (i.e. their username when logging in to CORE). However, their CORE password will not change.
- Any @SVO addresses linked to the chapter that do NOT correspond to an Active, Provisional, or Emeritus member on the roster will be deleted (including unused chapter email addresses).
- The list of Active, Provisional and Emeritus (according to roster) will be sent back via Google Sheets
- This Google Sheets (About- What is Google Sheets?) link will be sent to chapter requester and those copied on ticket for editing. Any changes made to the spreadsheet will be visible to chapter and help desk. The Google Sheets is used to keep track of any future updates to the roster
- In CORE, the @SVO email will be put into the primary email address and volunteer profile email
If the chapter has not notified volunteers prior to this step, it can create more confusion as their CORE usernames will change.
Part 3 – Chapter To Do:
- Chapter reviews Google Sheet sent from the help desk. Any changes to the Google Sheets document can be labeled by the Chapter.
- While volunteers will receive emails to their personal email with instructions, the Chapter communicates to all volunteers with a new @SVO address AND those who had their password changed.
- From this point forward, All new volunteers get an @SVO address BEFORE being entered into CORE.
Chapters should include in the communications sent to volunteers for the email accounts to add a recovery phone or email. This will allow volunteers to reset their password themselves should they ever forget it.
Without adding a recovery email or phone Volunteers will have to email email@example.com
Related SCOREVOLUNTEER.ORG Articles