Process for acquiring an @scorevolunteer.org email address and CORE entry for all new volunteers
There are currently two ways a prospective volunteer gets into a chapter’s queue:
- A potential volunteer completes application on score.org
- A potential volunteer is recruited directly through a local network, connection, or event and either fills out a paper application or interviews directly with no application being completed at all.
Starting May 1, 2017, there are TWO policy changes for volunteer applications and for new volunteers. These are:
- All potential volunteers must complete an application on score.org regardless of how or where they have been attracted to SCORE.
- All accepted volunteers will receive an @scorevolunteer.org email address and will be expected to utilize this email while conducting all SCORE service.
With those policy changes, the process for volunteer applications and new volunteer entry into CORE is:
- The volunteer application is received by SCORE (Raubia Nouristani) directed to the local chapter.
- The chapter that receives the application is either the desired chapter as selected by the applicant or the chapter closest to the volunteer’s address.
- New applications are sent to chapters on a daily basis.
- Chapter receives application from Raubia.
- Chapter reviews application and determines if more information from the volunteer is required (References, LinkedIn profile, Google search, formal resume, etc.).
- Chapter interviews
- The best practice is for the Chapter Chair to always speak to a potential volunteer during this process.
- If accepted, the chapter must request a new @scorevolunteer.org email address for new volunteer from the SCORE help desk BEFORE entering the volunteer into CORE.
- Log into CORE as the chapter admin
- On the CORE Home page under the Chapter Admin column you will find a link “Request a SCORE email for new volunteers”
- Simply fill out the form and click “Submit.”
- Remember that link for “Request a SCORE email for new volunteers” will only work for someone logged into CORE as the chapter admin.
- If rejected, the chapter responds to the applicant of that decision. No further action is needed on rejected volunteers.
- The SCORE help desk will create the new volunteer’s @scorevolunteer.org email address.
- Once you receive confirmation from the help desk of the new account being set up, you may then add the new volunteer as a provisional member (the new email credentials and instructions are also sent to the new volunteer).
- To add the new volunteer into the CORE system, (you again must be logged in as the chapter admin) select the Volunteer tab, then the Add option.
- After entering the volunteer's information and saving it, a welcome email will be automatically generated to the new volunteer with a copy sent also to your chapter's administrator. This email will contain system login/password information as well as other SCORE orientation information for the new volunteer.
- The new volunteer’s @scorevolunteer.org email address will be the volunteer’s Username for logging into score.org to get to the Volunteer Center, SCORE Training, and CORE.
- The new volunteer can access their @scorevolunteer.org on any of their devices.
- The new volunteer will have the ability to use the webmail link directly in CORE.