Welcome to the event creation process guide!
This guide is designed to walk you through the steps of creating your event, whether it's in-person or through Zoom meetings or webinars. Whether starting from scratch or cloning an existing event, this streamlined process allows you to define event details and registrations.
In accordance with our Engage Policy and Business Rules it is essential to create all events in Engage to ensure proper attendee credit. Please note that the event record will be closed on the 5th of the following month, as this data is reported to the SBA.
Additionally, as stated in our SOM (Standard Operating Manual), workshops and webinars must be conducted live.
Note: With the new enhancement of having the Zoom Meeting integration tool in Engage, it is crucial to clarify that despite the new enhancement's capabilities, it cannot alter or modify any existing events that were in place before its implementation. We understand that there may have been expectations or assumptions about retroactive changes, and we apologize for any confusion or inconvenience caused by this misunderstanding.
How to Use this Guide:
Recommended Progression when creating an In-Person event, review the following section topics:
Recommended Progression when creating a Zoom Meeting event:
Recommended Progression when creating a Zoom Webinar event:
Create New Event
Complete Basic Information
Paid Event Setup
Additional Windows during Event Creation
Zoom Meeting Setup
Zoom Webinar Setup
Event Journey Notifications
Create New Event
1) Navigate to events by clicking on Events - Last 90 Days from the Home Page. Note: Other lists can also be used here: Upcoming, Need Action, Completed.
2) From the list, click the New button on the top-right.
3) Select what type of event to create.
Selecting Zoom Meeting vs Zoom Webinar
When creating your online event, it is important to consider these details below:
- Zoom Meeting Limitation: Can only handle up to 500 registrations before automatically closing registration.
- Zoom Webinar Limitation: Can handle more than 500 registrations.
Choosing the Right Mode:
- For fostering active participation and collaboration among a small audience, Zoom Meetings are ideal.
- For delivering a presentation with limited audience interaction, Zoom Webinars are more suitable.
- Assess the level of interactivity required when creating your event.
- Zoom Meetings offer interactive features like breakout rooms, screen sharing, and real-time collaboration.
- Zoom Webinars prioritize broadcasting capabilities with limited participant engagement.
For more information regarding Zoom Meeting vs Zoom Webinar, please click the link provided to be redirected to Zoom's website with the information on meetings and webinars comparison.
4) Enter the basic event information. In this section, the required fields are Event Name, Chapter, Start Date & Time, End Date & Time, Survey Timing, and the Event Status.
Note: Event timing is pulling from the Event Manager/creator's timezone. If you are creating/cloning an event outside of your timezone, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- To start, enter the Event Name, search the Chapter, indicate the Start Date and Time and the End Date and Time.
5) Enter Event Status. Available values and descriptions are below:
6) Set the Survey Timing. The field default value is 24 hours. Other options include 15 minutes, 1 hour, 48 hours. Based on the survey timing selected when the event was created, a survey will be sent to all registrants marked as Attended AND after the event date and time has passed.
7) Enter your description in this section.
- Short Description - any information entered here will be displayed on the registration form. The character limit on this field is 255.
- Description - a.k.a. Long Description. You can enter more information about your event in this field. The current character limit on this field is set to 32768. The information on this field will be displayed on the landing page created by Engage in your chapter website.
- Description HTML - use this field to create and structure sections, headings, links and lists on your landing page. Currently, there is no character limit in this field. Note: The font styling (font type and size) offered in this field does not work with our website (Drupal) so please refrain from using any of it. Also, do not use the Insert Image on this Description HTML box, instead, refer to the steps on how to add an event image.
8) The Training Topic(s) is a required field so make sure to select at least one topic on this field. Select a topic by clicking it on the Available box, then click the arrow to move the topic to the Chosen box. Note: To select multiple training topics, hold your CTRL key (or Command key for Mac users) and click the topics.
9) Select a Business Stage from the available box, then click the arrow to move the selected item to the Chosen box. Note: To select multiple training topics, hold your CTRL key (or Command key for Mac users) and click the topics.
10) Select a Entrepreneur Type from the available box, then click the arrow to move the selected item to the Chosen box. Note: To select multiple training topics, hold your CTRL key (or Command key for Mac users) and click the topics.
11) Select the Industries from the available box, then click the arrow to move the selected item to the Chosen box. Note: To select multiple training topics, hold your CTRL key (or Command key for Mac users) and click the topics.
12) Select Resource Partners on the next field. By default, SCORE is pre-selected in this section.
13) Select the Local Event Type by clicking the drop-down arrow to show the options.
Note: Roundtable and Workshop event types are reported to SBA. While the following event types are NOT counted in the Total Local Services Numbers: Awards/Ceremony, Client Networking, Trade Show/Conference, and CEO Forum.
14) Select the appropriate Program Format by clicking the drop-down arrow to show the options.
Note: Use the Online Course program format when setting up an online event. This will prevent the system from sending the Map Link info in the confirmation and reminder email sent to registrants.
15) Select the Training Delivery Method, or enter Other Training Delivery Method (if applicable) in the fields provided.
16) Are you using federal funds field should be Yes to any event reported to the SBA i.e. reported in total services would be yes to federal funds.
17) Select National SCORE Program, Event Language or enter Other Language Used (if applicable).
Non-SCORE Workshop Presenter
18) If there is a Non-SCORE Workshop Presenter, enter the presenter’s name. Note: The individual will not have access to SCORE Engage and the event information held in the system.
19) When you choose In-Person as the event record type during the initial setup, this is the designated section where you need to provide the following information for the event venue. To prevent errors in the location information, do not use special characters in the Street Field.
Note: Please be aware that the confirmation and reminder emails sent to registrants will contain the event location information, including the street address, city, state, zip code, and a corresponding map.
Notes: Events without the location details will show on the website as a Live Event and marked as Online (but will be indexed with the chapter's state and zip so it will still display in the National search).
Events with a location street, city, state, or zip code information will show on the website as a Live Event and marked as In Person.
20) Create and enter a Meeting Password in this section. When you choose Zoom Meeting as the event record type during the initial setup, this section will become visible for your convenience.
Note: Please be aware that the confirmation and reminder emails sent to registrants will contain the Zoom Meeting Join URL.
21) Create and enter a Webinar Password in this section. When you choose Zoom Webinar as the event record type during the initial setup, this section will become visible for your convenience.
Note: Please be aware that the confirmation and reminder emails sent to registrants will contain the Zoom Webinar Join URL.
Registration Details - How to Close Registration prior to the Start Date/Time
Note: Engage automatically closes the registration when the entered end date/time is reached
22) You can set up the system to automatically close out the Registration Status before the event date by setting the Limit # of Registrations. When checking this box, you will be required to enter the limit size in the Registrant Limit field.
Note: If you would like to maintain a waitlist for the event, select Yes from the dropdown and any registrations received after capacity will be added to a waitlist.
23) You can also set up the system to automatically close the Registration Status before the day of the event by defining the Close Registration on (Date). When this feature is utilized, the registration will be closed at 11:55 pm on the selected date, according to the time zone of the Event Manager/creator.
- As a result of setting up either or both of these fields, the Registration Status will automatically be set to Closed after the field has been satisfied.
Registration Details - Event Manager manually closes the registration.
24) Another option is to close the registration manually (skip setting up items 17 and 18). The Event Manager can come back to the event record page any time to modify the Registration Status from Open to Closed. To modify an event to change its registration status, please follow the guide here.
25) Show Event on SCORE Website is checked by default. The event is both displayed in your chapter's Local Workshop page. If unchecked, the event will not be displayed online but will still accept registrations.
Paid Events Setup
26) To configure a paid event, select Yes on the Charging a Fee field. You will then be required to enter an amount on the Full Fee field. The Other Income field is for income earned from the event that is not from the registrant’s event fee. This can be entered after the event has taken place. The Full Fee Income and No Show Income are calculated and automatically populated by the system based on registrant information.
27) Event Discount Information can be added for your paid events. You can set up an Early Bird Discount and up to three (3) Discount Codes. The chapter defines the discount codes, which can be either a dollar amount or a percentage of the Full Fee for the event.
Additional Info during the Event Creation
28) To facilitate the implementation of the customized error message in the event registration form, the event contact details are now mandatory fields for both paid and free events. When creating an event, the system will default to Display Event Contact Details on Reg to the name and SVO email of the Event Manager who created the event. The event manager has the ability to modify the field in case the event contact email needs to be changed.
29) By default, the Constant Contact Sync Enabled box is checked. This will automatically import all registrants to your Constant Contact account. The Event Contact List Name field above it will auto-populate the name of the contact list matching the one created in Constant Contact (after saving the event) e.g. QuickBooks Desktop - mJAAQ.
If you don’t want this information imported, simply de-select the checkbox. Note: If you see any error message on the List Callout Error Type and List Callout Error Details fields, screenshot these fields and send an email to email@example.com.
Upload Event Main Image
30) After clicking Save on the main event creation window, you'll be prompted to upload an Event Main Image, Upoad a new image from your local device by clicking Upload Files or drag and drop file. Then, click Next. Please note that your event image has a unique filename before uploading it e.g. UniqueFileImage_ChapterXXXX.jpg.
Note: Ensure that you use these SCORE-approved images and photography for your events, as use of unauthorized images can lead to legal consequences and financial penalties. If you require additional suitable images or need further assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add SCORE Workshop Presenters
31) The next window will allow you to add a SCORE Workshop Presenter. Select Yes if adding one during the creation or you can always modify the event later to add the Workshop Presenter. Click Next.
Note: If you are looking at how to add a Non-SCORE Workshop Presenter, please click here.
- To add a SCORE Workshop Presenter, search for their name and choose from the provided list. Afterwards, click on "Next" to proceed.
32) When applicable, upload documents or other file resources related to the event.
- When uploading a file, click the Upload Files button or drag and drop the file. Then, click Next. Upon completing the event creation process, you have the option to include this file in the Event Confirmation Email. To do so, please refer to the steps outlined in the "Add Event Resources" section.
33) Upon reaching the final window, you will receive a confirmation message indicating that you have successfully created an event. Click on Finish to complete the process.
Create Zoom Meeting
34) Once you have completed filling out the event record creation page, remember to click the button to create a Zoom Meeting.
- A pop-up message will confirm that a request to create the meeting has been sent to Zoom. Click Finish.
Create Zoom Webinar
35) Once you have completed filling out the event record creation page, remember to click the button to create a Zoom Webinar.
- A pop-up message will confirm that a request to create the webinar has been sent to Zoom. Click Finish.