RE: COVID-19 Field Event Update
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to change, it is important that we update and communicate our recommendations and guidelines. We implemented a variety of changes in 2020 based on local and federal guidelines and the recommendations made by the Centers for Disease Control. Above all else, the health and safety of our volunteers and clients are paramount, this has not changed.
As we continue to navigate through these ever-changing times, we understand that many of you may be interested in getting back to in-person events, meetings, and face-to-face mentoring. Each region, district, and chapter should utilize the state and local guidelines in conjunction with the following additional safety recommendations and alternatives.
- Chapter may continue to host events virtually through Zoom.
- Where allowed by state and local authorities and venue landlords, you may hold in-person and/or hybrid events, and may:
- Require in-person attendees to adhere to CDC guidelines for face masks, social distancing, hand washing, and sharing objects and equipment, and/or
- Require all attendees to confirm a fully vaccinated status, negative COVID-19 test, or 10 days symptom-free after attendee’s positive viral COVID-19 test, and/or
- Include live-steaming of in-person events on Zoom so virtual audiences can attend.
At this time, there are no blanket decisions or guidelines to provide across the country. To reiterate, these are only recommendations, not mandates. It is important that all factors, recommendations, and guidelines are considered when planning events. The coordination, documentation, and communication of the event strategy is the responsibility of each chapter.
If you have any questions or would like to set-up time to discuss the specifics of chapter, district, or region, please do not hesitate to reach out to Human Resources at Kaleigh.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your flexibility as we navigate the present and plan for the future.