Greg Clark from our W. Central WI & UP MI 535 chapter lives in La Crosse, WI, and mentors nationally. He did the following in early late September and conducted more than 20 follow-on sessions in October. As a result, his total mentoring sessions account for 49 percent of the relatively small chapter sessions to date. In the chapter review meeting, I mentioned that more chapter mentors need client assignments but I liked what Greg did.
- Sent emails to existing clients from his Engage client list inviting them to reconnect.
- Followed up with a text message to clients that did not respond to his email saying they would be dropped from his list of clients if he did not hear from them.
- Connected with those he heard from immediately to confirm the re-connection.
- Conducted follow-on sessions either personally or found a co-mentor for a specific topic that interested the client. He found a marketing person who had worked on food industry branding--the client was delighted.
- Entered the sessions in Engage along with the credit to co-mentors from other chapters.
David W. Maaske, Certified Mentor
Wisconsin District Director, 563
SCORE SE Wisconsin, Chapter 28
Please sign in to leave a comment.