The CORE Calendar provides a centralized scheduling function for Volunteers and Admins to schedule and manage client appointments. It also includes an optional feature that allows clients to schedule themselves when submitting a mentoring request. It sends email confirmations of scheduled appointments as well as reminder notifications to the parties included in each appointment. There is also a feature that allows admins to upload recurring and/or large volumes of appointments more efficiently.
Table of Contents
- How to Access the CORE Calendar
- Navigating the Calendar
- User Roles
- Booking Conflicts
- Mass Upload Feature
- Calendar Appointments Report
- Client Facing Workflow
How to Access the CORE Calendar
- Log in to (https://core.score.org/user)
- Click Manage Calendar under the appropriate user role.
Navigating the Calendar
How to Turn on the CORE Calendar
The CORE Calendar is already automatically turned on for chapter use. The optional feature allowing clients to self-schedule will need to be initiated before it can be used. The Chapter Admin has the ability to turn client self-scheduling on and off in CORE at any time using the steps below.
- Click the Turn Client-Side Scheduling On/Off link on the CORE home page.
- Check the box to make the client self-scheduling option active and click Save.
- In order for a counseling location to qualify as a branch, it must meet the minimum requirements as outlined in the SCORE Operating Manual (p. 43-44). The SOM is located on the Important Documents page in the Volunteer https://volunteer.score.org/vc/important-documents.
- Branches can only be added by SCORE Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a branch to be added in CORE.
- Branch name, address, and telephone number is required before a branch can be added for your chapter.
- Volunteers have the ability to schedule and manage their own availability and appointments on the calendar.
- They can add new, edit existing, and cancel their own appointments on the calendar.
- Chapter admins have the ability to create, schedule, and manage appointments for all volunteers in their chapter.
- They can add new, edit existing, and cancel all volunteer appointments on the calendar.
- Chapters have the option to use a Scheduling Admin to manage appointments for their Email email@example.com to request a scheduling admin user account to be created.
- This is a separate user role with access only to the search and add clients as well as view the Clients Not Yet Counseled and the chapter calendar.
- Appointments are scheduled the same way as the Chapter Admin user role outlined above.
- Clients have the ability to view available appointments on a chapter’s calendar if the client self- scheduling option is turned on.
- Clients are able to make an appointment for themselves any time prior to 24 hours before the appointment time.
- Clients also have the option to cancel their appointment via the cancellation link included in all calendar email notification(s).
Adding Appointments as a Volunteer
1. To add an appointment for yourself to the calendar, click Add Appointment in the top left side of the calendar screen.
2. Enter in the Start Time and End Time.
3. Select any Co-Mentors who will also be attending the appointment.
Note: If you are scheduling your own appointment, the system automatically lists you as the Primary Mentor.
4. If you wish to leave the appointment available for clients to schedule, leave the Client field The appointment will appear as available (blue) to those viewing the calendar. If you already know the client who will be attending that appointment, you can enter them in at the time you create the appointment. To do so, click the Select Client link.
5. Enter the client’s email address in the email field and click Search.
6. Click the client’s name and then click the Add to Calendar The appointment will then appear on the chapter calendar and will be gray to indicate that the appointment is no longer available.
Adding Appointments as a Chapter Admin or Scheduling Admin
- Follow the same procedure as outlined in the steps above. The only difference is you have access to the Primary Mentor field. Select the mentor from the drop-down list to have them show as the mentor in that time slot, or leave it blank. If left blank, the appointment will show on the calendar as having Mentors Available.
- If a mentor has more than one appointment on the same day at the same time in more than one location (i.e. main chapter office and a branch location) you will receive an error that there is a booking conflict. One of the appointments will need to be canceled or edited to have another mentor in their place before an appointment can be scheduled.
Mass Upload Feature
This is an option for chapters who wish to upload multiple appointments at once. You must be logged in as the Chapter Admin to use this feature. The steps to use this feature are below.
- Log in to (https://core.score.org/user).
- Select Calendar Appointment Upload.
- Click Download Excel Template Here to download your chapter specific spreadsheet.
- Click Generate Template.
- Click on the generated Excel template file link and save it to your computer.
- Type in your chapter name in the Chapter column.
- A drop-down menu will then appear in the Branch Select the branch for which you want to schedule the appointments.
- Enter in the Start Date and End Date for each appointment in the columns requiring that information. Be sure to format it MM-DD-YYYY.
- Enter the Start time and End time for each appointment.
- A drop down will appear with all of your chapter’s volunteers. Select the mentor from that drop-down that coincides with each appointment date and time.
- If there are any co-mentors select them from the drop-down menus in the following columns.
- Save the completed spreadsheet as a .csv file to your computer
- VERY IMPORTANT LAST STEP BEFORE UPLOADING!
- Take the CSV file and highlight all cells from the last row with data (do not include this row) and down to no less than 500 rows (so you have highlighted at least 500 rows with seemingly NO DATA). Then click Delete all rows. This will remove blank records created by the template and will make your upload go much quicker.
- To upload the file, click the Calendar Appointment Upload link on the CORE homepage, click Choose File and select the saved .csv file from your Then click Commence Import.
Editing and Cancelling Appointments
Available and unavailable appointments can be edited on the CORE calendar. You are able to add a Primary mentor, change the Primary mentor, remove the Primary mentor, add, change, or remove any co-mentors as well as remove or change the client in the time slot.
- To edit an appointment, log in to CORE and click on Manage Calendar.
- Click the appointment on the calendar you wish to edit.
- To edit, click Edit Appointment, make the necessary changes, and click Save Changes.
Available and unavailable appointments can also be canceled on the CORE Calendar.
- To cancel an appointment, log in to CORE and click on Manage Calendar.
- Click the appointment on the calendar you wish to cancel.
- To cancel, click Cancel Appointment. When the appointment is canceled, it is removed from the calendar completely.
- Clients also have the ability to cancel their appointments. This is done by clicking the cancellation link in any of the calendar notification(s) they receive via email. If they choose to cancel an appointment, the time slot color changes from gray (unavailable) to blue (available) and remains on the calendar for another client to schedule.
Volunteers, Chapter Admins and Scheduling Admins have the ability to search appointments on the CORE Calendar by the client’s name.
- Click Search Appointments in the top left side of the calendar screen.
- Enter in the client’s last name and click Search to find appointments.
- Chapter Admins have the ability to add Help Text that will appear on the client-side of the CORE calendar. Each chapter and branch location has its own Help Text area to add customized information. This area can be used to provide directions as well as hours, parking, and more. Click Update Text on Client-Side Calendar to add/edit/or remove this information.
Calendar Appointments Report
- On the Reports page in CORE, there is a report available that shows all calendar appointments for a specified time period.
- Select Start Date, End Date, your Chapter, and the Appointment locations you wish to view
- You are able to select multiple branches by holding down the CTRL key and clicking the various locations. Click OK to run the report.
Only clients who currently exist in CORE can be added to calendar appointments. If they are not listed as a client in CORE, you must create them as a client before they can be added to an appointment.
Once the client has been added in CORE, they can be attached to the appointment at the time it is created or later when editing the appointment (see Editing and Cancelling Appointments).
- To add a client to an appointment, click the Select Client link.
- Enter the client’s email address in the field marked Email and click Search.
- Click the client name in the results.
- The client is then added to the calendar appointment.
The mentoring request of the client assigned to the calendar are linked to their appointment in CORE. You are able to view which requests are linked to an appointment on the Mentoring Requests page. The status of the requests will be marked as Assigned Calendar.
- When an appointment is booked, the client, the primary mentor, and any co-mentor(s) will all receive an email confirmation. This notification includes include the client's name and contact info as well as the location and date/time of the appointment.
- If a client cancels the appointment, the client, mentors, chapter admin, and branch admin (if applicable) receive an email notifying them that the appointment has been canceled.
- If the volunteer, chapter admin, or branch admin cancels the appointment, the client and mentors get an email notifying them that the appointment has been canceled.
- In an effort to prevent last-minute appointments, the calendar restricts clients from making an appointment less than 24 hours before the time slot. A volunteer, chapter admin, or scheduling admin, however, does not have that restriction and can create or book an appointment at any time.
Client Facing Workflow
If your chapter opts to turn on client self-scheduling, an additional section is added to the Mentoring Request form, presenting clients with the option of having the chapter contact them or scheduling their own appointment on the CORE Calendar.
If the client chooses to schedule an appointment with a mentor, they will be taken to the chapter calendar page after filling out the mentoring request form.
- The drop-down menu shows all of the chapter’s branches and the client is able to choose where they would like to schedule their mentoring appointment. This defaults to the closest location based on the client’s zip code.
- The client sees only the days of the week and times of the day that are available for booking (i.e. appointments in blue). They do not see any unavailable (gray) appointments.
- The client also sees the name and Areas of Expertise (found in the volunteer profile) of the Primary Mentor when they hover over a particular time slot. If no Primary Mentor is attached, it will say Mentors Available instead.
- If they click on the appointment slot, they will see a more thorough version of the Primary Mentor’s profile.
Support and Feedback
- If you have questions about the calendar or anything related to CORE, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-634-0245.
- If you have feedback on the calendar or anything related to CORE that you’d like to share with us, you can email email@example.com.
- Your input is vital to our efforts to continuously improve the CORE Thank you for all that you do.