Google Analytics helps you analyze visitor traffic and it offers a world of information that will help make your website a success. Each chapter is provided a Google Analytics account for their chapter website; it just needs to be set up. To set up your chapter’s analytics account, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The steps below walk you through logging and navigating the Google Analytics account for your chapter website.
- Go to http://www.google.com/analytics/ and click the Sign in link in the top right hand corner of the page to login.
2. If you already have a Google account (i.e. Gmail, YouTube, Google+), enter your email address and password and click Sign In. If you do not already have a Google account, you will need to set one up by clicking Create an account below the login area.
*Note: You do NOT need to use a Gmail email address for your Google account.
3. The Main Features of Google Analytics:
4. Click Reporting tab on the Navigation links to access the Google Analytics reports and dashboards.
*Click the Home tab to check if Google Analytics is picking up from the correct Account under a SCORE folder (e.g. SCORE, SCORE Chapter Group, etc). The code, UA-68482004-5, you see next to the account name is the account code.
5. To get to know more about analytics, Google has provided a quick access to Analytics Education on the Reporting tab, click the mortarboard/graduation cap icon to toggle the Analytics Education view.