Exercise 1: Edit Your Profile
- Go to https://core.score.org/user and login as a volunteer. You will be automatically redirected to the homepage of the Volunteer Center.
- Click the My Profile tab below the Welcome! box.
3. Click the Edit My Profile button.
4. Below is the list of items you may update:
A. Basic Contact Information (Name, Email, Phone, Address)
B. A Profile Picture
C. Demographic Information (Gender, Race, etc.)
D. Biographical Information (Career Summary, Education)
E. Social Media Links
F. Profile visibility to clients
i. Click the “Make My Profile Viewable on SCORE.org” box
ii. To have a viewable profile, you are REQUIRED to have the following in your profile:
b. Career Summary
c. Areas of Expertise
d. Industry Experience
e. Mentoring Methods
f. Availability Settings (Days Available, Limit number of requests per day, week, month)
g. Mentoring Methods: select options of Email, In-Person, Phone, or Video.
i. Industry Experience and Areas of Expertise
j. Once you are satisfied with your changes, click Save.
Exercise 2: Add Client
- Go to sandbox.score.org, (if practicing/training) and login as a volunteer.
For the live site, navigate core.score.org/user . You will be automatically redirected to the homepage of the Volunteer Center.
- Click the Go to CORE menu link to enter the CORE system.
3. Place your mouse over the Clients menu item and select Add Client from the drop-down.
4. Enter the required client information in Part #1 of the form.
A. Last Name
B. First Name
C. E-mail Address
E. Zip code
F. NOTE: City and State if also important for most chapters, but is not a required.
5. In Part #2 of the form, enter any demographic client information that you would like.
6. Click Submit.
Note: Clients can enter their own information by creating a mentoring request through www.score.org or through your chapter’s SCORE-branded website.
Exercise 3: Create Mentoring Session
- Click the My Clients menu link to view your client list.
2. Enter the name or email address of the client you created in Exercise 1 and click Search.
3. Click the Create Session button next to the client record.
4. Select the Event Type, Mentoring.
5. Enter the Session Date & Time.
6. Select a Location. By default the chapter is selected but volunteers are also able to select from a list of the chapter’s branches.
7. Select the Session Mentoring Type, Face-to-Face.
8. Select the Session Type, Follow-On.
9. From the dropdown select the Lead Mentor and Contact Hours.
Note: In the live CORE system, volunteers are able to select a time period from the Reminder dropdown. The volunteer will receive an email notification to follow up with this client at that time.
10. Click Save
Exercise 4: Create Appointment (for Chapters using the Scheduling Function)
1. Click the Go to CORE menu link to enter the CORE system.
2. On the CORE homepage, click Manage Calendar from the Volunteers links list.
3. Click Add Appointment.
4. If your chapter has branches, select the branch from the drop down menu.
5. Enter the Start Date & Time and End Date & Time.
6. Add Co-Mentors, if applicable. Select multiple co-mentors by holding down “Ctrl” while selecting names.
7. Click Add to Calendar