1. Go to volunteer.score.org.
2. If you are not already logged in, you will be asked to enter your login information. Enter your username and password and click LOG IN.
3. You will be automatically redirected to the homepage of the Volunteer Center. To edit your profile, click the My Profile tab located below the Welcome box.
4. On the My Profile page, click the Edit My Profile button to update your volunteer information.
5. Please complete the following fields when editing your profile:
a. Basic Contact Information (Name, Email, Phone, Address)
b. Enter your name as you would like it to appear on your profile page.
c. Your contact information is collected for internal communications only (between national staff and volunteers). It is not visible to the public.
Profile Picture – REQUIRED
Help clients get to know you by adding a picture… this will aid in client success and will help improve your ability to identify co-mentors. Also, when making your profile searchable on score.org, clients are more likely to choose mentors with pictures. Your picture should be a quality image (not grainy or blurry) sized at least 230 x 260.
- Click the Choose File button to browse your computer files for a picture.
- Select your desired image and click Open. The file name will appear in the box.
- Click the upload button to add it to your profile.
Once uploaded, you’ll see the picture on the screen and two new fields will appear: alternate text and title.
- The alternate text should describe the picture. Since it’s a picture of you, enter your name.
- The title is what users will see if their mouse hovers over your picture. Again, consider using your name and other descriptive text. One example is Joe Smith, SCORE business mentor.
Demographic Information (Gender, Race, etc.)
At this time, this information is not visible to the public. It is for our records only and is used to understand the demographics of our volunteers.
Work Experience (Career Summary, Education) - REQUIRED
Enter your Career Summary (this is the “How I can Help You” section for clients) as described in the Volunteer Profile Best Practices guide. Describe how you will use your experience to help answer client questions.
Once you’ve entered your career summary, let us know if you’re still working.
This is not visible to the public. Then, complete your professional experience (not visible to the public, internal use only) and education. Your education should be a brief list of your degrees and certifications.
Social Media Links
If you have Social Media links, enter the name (title) and web address (URL) of your social media profiles. This is visible to the public.
Availability Settings (Days Available, Limit # of Requests)
Determine when you’d like to receive mentoring requests and how many requests you’d like to receive on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. If you’ve opted in to displaying your profile on the site, you’ll be listed as unavailable once you’ve reached your mentoring request limit and on the days on which you’re not accepting requests.
Mentoring Methods (Email, In-Person, Phone, Skype, etc.)
Select the communication methods you’d like to use with mentoring requests.
Email mentors are required to take the Business Advice Now training.
This is visible to the public.
Languages - REQUIRED
Select the languages that you’d like to use when working with clients. Only select those in which you are fluent.
This is visible to the public and searchable by clients.
Industry Experience and Areas of Expertise - REQUIRED
Select a minimum of one and a maximum of 6 industries and areas of expertise that reflect the types of questions you would like to receive from clients.
Your skills should be consistent throughout your profile. Any industries and expertise selected here should be included in your career summary so the client has a clear understanding of how you can help them.
6. Once you are satisfied with your changes, click Save at the bottom of the page. You will be redirected back to the My Profile tab.
As a reminder, anything that is marked *(REQUIRED) must be completed or your profile WILL NOT be visible.
Please see the FAQ below if needed:
1. Can volunteer profiles go live without a picture uploaded? No. If they try to update their profile, or make it visible, it will not allow them to unless they have a picture.
2. Can volunteer profiles go live without the career summary completed? No. If they try to update their profile it will not allow them to be visible unless they have a career summary.
3. Can volunteer profiles go live without selecting up to 6 skills and 6 industries? No. If they try to update their profile, or make it visible, it will not allow them to unless they make their selection(s).
4. Can volunteer profiles go live without making a preferred language(s) selection? No. If they try to update their profile, or make it visible, it will not allow them to unless they make their selection(s).